Information Systems Security Compliance Internship
Our company is a service-oriented business enterprise headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. Our customers depend on our ability to strategically deliver information technology solutions to a diverse portfolio set of U.S. Federal, State and Local Governments. Our company provides a variety of premier government-oriented web hosting, cyber security, information management and helpdesk services as a standard set of service offerings. We are currently seeking candidates in their Junior and Senior year for internship.
We are seeking a Security Compliance Analyst Intern in Columbia, MD.
All submissions must include a cover letter identifying reasons/qualifications of why candidate should be considered for this position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Candidate must have the ability to apply guidance provided in all relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications in the delivery of IT security services:
• Support the development of security documentation in accordance with FISMA and FedRAMP requirements including Security Policies and Procedures, System Security Plans, Contingency Plans, Incident Response Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Security Categorization Documents, Rules of Behavior, E-Authentication Worksheets, and Privacy Threshold Analyses/Privacy Impact Assessments.
• Collaborate with team members to provide consulting services to customer organizations and perform assessments of information systems and networks.
• Interface with technical department in support of security assessment and authorization activities.
• Follow up to resolution on service tickets requests.
• Work with diverse teams and/or independently in a busy fast-paced environment.
• Follow direction with minimal guidance.
• Provide project status updates and meet deliverable deadlines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Provide advanced MS Office Suite support including SharePoint document library and page support.
• Background in general information system security practices and implementation of security controls.
• Basic understanding and experience regarding relevant federal information security requirements (e.g., FIPS, FISMA, NIST Special Pubs series, and/or FedRAMP Frameworks).
• Basic experience developing security documentation packages associated with the NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (standard English).
• Organization and time management.
• Strong typing skills.
• Open-ended problem solving.
• Professionalism with good attitude and willingness to learn.
• Priority consideration given to Security+ certification (or expected soon) candidates.