System Support Internship
- Support a multi-platform server environment including server and software installation, configuration, maintenance, configuration management, patch management, security compliance and troubleshooting.
- Develop, document and maintain good operating practices and procedures associated with support and maintenance of server environments.
- Maintain and administer backups and recovery procedures.
- Utilize, configure and maintain system support tools.
- Implement modifications to the server environment, including troubleshooting and replacement of faulty system hardware.
- Participate in strategic planning and development associated with system support.
Diagnose and analyze system related issues and recommend appropriate solutions based on knowledge of the appropriate systems and system software.
- Conducts system security configuration and testing based on organizational guidance, policies and procedures.
- Provide basic application support and communicates periodically with users on systems status, including system changes, problems, enhancements and potential impacts.
- Solid understanding of Windows 2008 and 2012 servers
- Solid understanding of Windows file systems and user rights
- Basic understanding of Linux operating systems
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills
- Basic understanding of server back-up and restore processes
Qualified candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited four year college or university with a focus in Information Technology or related field.
RESUME SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Qualified Candidate should submit resume with an attached cover letter that addresses how their qualifications listed in the resume are able to meet the qualifications for this position.