Location: Maryland - Columbia
Position City: Columbia
Position Zip Code: 21045
Country: United States
We are seeking a full-time Information Technical Project Manager in Columbia, MD location. Great opportunity to join a fast-paced cloud service delivery team and advance your career in information technology project management field.
Candidate must have a good foundational understanding of the following topics:
- Backup Processes
- Virtual Servers
- Storage Area Networks
- Load Balancing
- Agile Software Development
- Computer Clustering
- System Security
- Web Applications
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Windows/Linux Servers
- Redundancy Strategies
- Establishes, manages, and directs IT projects to deliver on-time, on-budget and result in anticipated value to the customer, resolves or elevates issues as appropriate.
- Performs project management, monitoring/oversight, analysis, and quality control.
- Key contact for direct customer support requirements for designated projects.
- Develops, reviews, negotiates designated project resources and milestones.
- Participates in project planning, kickoffs, and successful high-quality project execution.
- Provides technical project management expertise to customers and other business units.
- Writes, edits, and presents internal and customer project management and technical reports.
- Provides weekly status reports for review by Program and Executive Management.
- Develops work breakdown structures and statements of work.
- Implements risk mitigation plan(s) / corrective actions.
- Coordinates with managers on initiatives, priorities, and outreach activities.
- Works with the technical and information security teams to ensure that coordination and communications are highly effective.
- Ensure project procedures are up to date, compliant and meet customer requirements.
- Participate in proposal teaming and development process and present in demo/sales meetings.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical field required
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience
- Experience leading software development and cloud infrastructure/migration projects
- Government technology project management/technical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, strategies, and methods
- Excellent schedule management, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Experience working in a collaborative environment promoting teamwork mentality
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of Windows, Linux, networking, and cloud technologies
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office 365 applications including Outlook for email communications, Word for document and proposal development, Excel for financial reporting/modeling, Project for work breakdown structure development and PowerPoint for presentation development.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of Project Management experience preferred
- PMP certification is highly desirable (required within 1 year of your date of hire)
- Software Development experience and certification is highly desirable