Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI w/Full Scope Polygraph
Location: Ft Meade Maryland
Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, enhancement, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex and diverse IT systems to meet requirements. Works independently or part of a team on advanced systems analysis projects. Reviews and tests IT systems for adherence to requirements and documents test results. Resolve tickets and problem reports on specific technologies and hardware/software components to include COTS/GOTS products from the system level to individual hardware/software components. Recommends new technologies and processes for complex systems. Coordinates system installations and monitors equipment functioning. Creates ‘build docs’ for system administrators. Identifies system requirements for operations and security, and works with other engineers and staff to develop design and integrate components.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline. A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering or related discipline may be substituted for 2 years of experience, reducing the requirement to 6 years of IT Engineering experience. Four (4) years of additional IT Engineer experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree, making the total experience requirement twelve (12) years as an IT Engineer without a degree.
- 8 years' experience as an IT Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- The candidate should have a Security + certification.
- Strong Linux system administration skills with YUM and Salt experience
- General Red Hat Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, managing package, install/upgrades using YUM, and leveraging SaltStack configuration