Clearance Level Required:
TS/SCI w/Full Scope Polygraph
Location: Ft Meade Maryland
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- System patching for Widows, Linux, and VMWare systems. OS upgrade cycles, cumulative patching and testing, security updates and software maintenance. WSUS maintenance.
- System maintenance to include maintaining existing server hardware, firmware upgrades, hardware failure resolution, hardware replacement and hardware installation.
- Maintaining configuration baseline to include VMware host profile maintenance, Linux configurations and Active Directory Group Policy.
- Maintaining and creating documentation for hardware, network and system configuration changes to include cabling, storage paths and rack design.
- Maintaining STE/STN compliance for system security plans to include daily rectification of UAM, SEAR, NETSEER, TLS, Nessus, ePO, and SCEP reporting.
- Network-related maintenance to include troubleshooting, packet flow and configuration of physical and software-based firewalls, software-defined networking (VMware NSX) and network hardware.
- Managing and maintaining access to multiple Active Directory domain environments, SQL clustering, Server 2016/2019 systems, Linux systems, gateways, HTML display broker system and proxies
- Track metrics and performance counters to troubleshoot and adjust to system usage as needed, i.e. create/delete new VMs for NLB, adjust resource pools, affinity rules, DRS adjustments.
- Failover cluster and network load balancer management. Operation and maintenance.
- System certificate management, issuing and maintaining system SSL certificates to include Windows, Linux, VMware. Also, maintaining certificate authorities.
- SSP maintenance to include verification of systems, removal/addition of systems and scanning/compliance of systems. Reporting of patch compliance, system compliance and other documentation.
- Proprietary system management such as the FireEye to include configuration, guest image updates and daily content updates.
- Attend weekly meetings
- Software solution review, installation, and testing (i.e. an internal Git server needed for customer requirements, Teams Foundation Server, Share Point etc.)
- Maintaining ePO exclusions which change due to Enterprise changes.
- Vendor-related communications, support cases and engineering for design documentation and outfitting
- System Center Configuration Manager – endpoint and systems management for CM maintenance
- Backup maintenance and verification.
- Rotate through an On-Call status (once every 3 weeks, daily on-call pay provided)
- Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Shall have three (3) years experience in a technical leadership role, leading projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Shall have twelve (12) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- During those twelve (12) years, shall have significant demonstrated experience in the following: Designing complex collection systems; integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows 2000); performing tradeoff studies; System performance analysis.
- Shall have five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Shall have five (5) years experience in the following: Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniques to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks.
- Shall have seven (7) years experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems using recognized industry recognized process management; such as a CMMI Level 2 and above, or NSA Way process structure.
- Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc.), or two (2) years of additional relevant experience above all experience requirements listed, in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi (6.5, 6.7, and 7.x)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, and 2012 R2
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems, specifically CentOS 7 and 8
- Experience with Powershell, PowerCLI and/or comparable tools
- Knowledge of Core IT Systems (Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, File Storage Services, IIS)
- Knowledge of OS upgrade cycles, cumulative patching, testing, security updates and software maintenance.
- Knowledge of physical server hardware (HPE, Dell, etc.) system maintenance and firmware upgrade processes
- Knowledge of Layer 2/Layer 3 TCP/IP networks and routing
- Familiar with customer STE/STN requirements (UAM, McAfee, SEAR, NETSEER, IPAM, etc.)
- Ability to research products for customer requirements and coordinate with vendors
- Ability to manage deliverables and coordinate/schedule communication with customers.
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- VMware Certified Professional / MCSA or MCSE
- Experience with Cisco network hardware, switches (iOS, Nexus) and firewalls (ASA, Firepower)
- Experience with Azure (Administrator, Solutions Architect, or DevOps)
- Knowledge of Windows Failover Clustering Systems
- Knowledge of Windows Network Load Balancing
- Knowledge of Windows SQL Server Systems
- Knowledge of Windows System Center Configuration Management
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and iSCSI
- Knowledge of VMware NSX networks virtualization, SDN and NSX Firewall