At IT-CNP, Inc., we are driven by passion and integrity. Our mission is to apply the highest standards of visionary thinking to support a constantly evolving system of national security.
As an information technology professional, you will protect the critical networks that our US government and citizens increasingly depend on as advancements in technology continue to change the world- infrastructure, health care, financial assets, national security. In this fast paced, dynamic environment, you will work with information technology experts and professionals on the forefront of threat protection and risk management.
POSITION: System Support Intern
DEPARTMENT: Technical Services Office (TSO)
REPORTS TO: ServiceDesk Coordinator
COOPERATIVE RELATIONSHIPS: Intern Manager, Intern Mentor
Professional office setting working collaboratively with peers and other IT professionals.
IT-CNP, Inc. has an opening in the Technical Services Office for a paid Internship position. The intern will perform a variety of duties in the field of Cyber Security, Help Desk support, and other IT related duties. The length of the Internship is between 3 and 6 months, determined on a case-by-case basis. The ideal candidate for this entry-level position will be able to work 20-40 hours per week during the school year and full time (40 hours per week) during the summer. The qualified candidate will join an organization that relies on strong teamwork and furthers individual growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support a multi-platform server environment including server and software installation, configuration, maintenance, configuration management, patch management, security compliance and troubleshooting.
- Develop, document and maintain good operating practices and procedures associated with support and maintenance of server environments.
- Maintain and administer backups and recovery procedures.
- Utilize, configure and maintain system support tools.
- Implement modifications to the server environment, including troubleshooting and replacement of faulty system hardware.
- Participate in strategic planning and development associated with system support.
- Diagnose and analyze system related issues and recommend appropriate solutions based on knowledge of the appropriate systems and system software.
- Conducts system security configuration and testing based on organizational guidance, policies and procedures.
- Provide basic application support and communicates periodically with users on systems status, including system changes, problems, enhancements and potential impacts.
- Interface with the Security Management Office in support of security compliance requirements.
- Follow up to resolution on service tickets requests.
- Candidates may be asked to support other activities related to software development to include documentation , configuration management, basic system administration , code review, and system design.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Professionalism with good attitude and willingness to learn.
- Organization and time management. Follow direction with minimal guidance.
- Must be dependable , prompt, accountable, professional, and mature.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid understanding of Windows 2012 and 2016 servers.
- Solid understanding of Windows file systems and user rights.
- Basic understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts.
- Basic understanding of server back-up and restore processes.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office application suites, primarily - Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Any programming language , SharePoint, and knowledge of other collaboration suites would be beneficial but not required.
- Must have strong typing skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions issued in written , oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to apply open ended problem-solving methods and critical thinking skills to all tasks.
Qualified candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university with a focus in Information Technology or related field.
Equivalent industry certification or certifications for motivated candidates will be considered in the absence of this requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
All submissions must include a cover letter identifying reasons/qualifications of why candidate should be considered for this position. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.